Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: Sasha

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sasha




( Click to enlarge )

Sasha is one of my top favorites in my collection.

I had wanted a 'Sasha' for a long while-after discovering them in the doll books I had started reading when I started actively collecting. I had never seen one except in those books, but I was quite taken with the unique look of these dolls. They also come as boys and babies! I just have my one blonde girl!

~~~

About 6 years ago is when I first got a computer and discovered all the possibilities it offered!
To my great surprise I found there were 'Sashas' out there to be bought! I discovered Ebay!!
I began bidding on Sashas. :( They usually went too high...and I was reluctant to take a chance on losing a big amount of money!

My birthday came during my hot pursuit of finding a Sasha doll to buy! As it turned out my husband had to be away on my birthday.(some family business in Alabama) He gave me $200.00 as a gift because he hadn't shopped for me!

Oh, my!! I knew just what I wanted to get!! Now I felt confident...and determined! I pondered over all the most desirable Sasha dolls at that time on Ebay...and put bids on a few.

~~~My Ebay bidding became comical during those early days! It was all so brand new to me-and FUN! The kids laughed when I would say I 'Won' something on Ebay! :) I didn't care- I was enjoying myself with this new thing!~~~

However...this doll was not just a few dollars! This was something pretty big! I was nervous ...still, I went for it! I WON! I WON!...At the last moment! It was my birthday $ plus another $37.00 with shipping! Yikes! Pretty much...but I was happy!

I need not have been worried about the deal going bad because the lady shipped 'Sasha' even before my check cleared! :)

OK- Maybe I paid a steep price for this doll... I'm not sure. I just know I'm happy to have such a doll in perfect condition!

Isn't she so pretty? :)

Note:
The history of these dolls is quite interesting! Go here!


Junie


11 Comments:

At 1:55 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Your dolls are all lovely ans so are the postcards. Glad you lked the jokes and also Death explained. It is a nice thoughht !!!
Take care June, Love, Merle.

 
At 2:01 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Your dolls are all lovely ans so are the postcards. Glad you lked the jokes and also Death explained. It is a nice thoughht !!!
Take care June, Love, Merle.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Merle , for looking at all my dolls! !


June

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Skye said...

You make me laugh, Junie! I know what you mean, though, about ebay, as I "won" some vintage Lego sets for Scott on there just before Christmas! It IS very exciting, and I always say I "won" the items too!

To hear something else exciting, visit my blog! (Shameless advertising here!) ;)

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

:) Well, i'm glad if I make you laugh! ...One of the main reasons I'm here is to spread the good cheer!

About Ebay! At one time I had accumilated about 140+++ good feedbacks (from buying stuff! :) ) then- somehow my account was comprimised and I had to shut it down! Stayed off for a long time but am back on now...but not buying a lot!
I mostly bought vintage Christmas things. The doll was the most I ever spent! LOL- and YES- it is fun to WIN an auction...especially at the last minute! hahaha

OK- on my way to your place now!

Junie

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

OH,NO!!!

Skye, I hope you come back to read these comments again! I tried to go to your site but for some reason-can't!

I clicked on your name here-also went to my favorite s list! :(

Sorry!

Junie

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I see you made it there eventually, Junie! :) Good job.

Also, I almost always post incredibly fascinating replies to your comments on my blog, in case you ever want to go back and read them! ;)

Have you ever tried SELLING something on ebay? That can be fun too, especially when you get lots of MONEY for it! Scott and I are selling a bunch of stuff right now (mostly his stuff, though) to raise money for our honeymoon. :)

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

Yes I finally made it to your site yesterday-and -yes- I usually do go back when I post to someone. Most people don't- after one visit!
( but I have spent a lot of time on message forums and just got used to the back and forth way of conversations...:0 ) but most bloggers don't do it that way! Oh well!!

No I have never sold on Ebay...mainly because I want to KEEP all my stuff! :)

I'll have to visit you tomorrow- need to sleep now.

Good luck with your ebay sales!

Junie

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Thanks, Junie... we did really well on our sales - got quite a bit more than we were anticipating! It's all being offset by pet bills at the moment, though! :( Oh well.

I know what you mean about replying to comments... I love that you always reply to everyone's comments on your blog, and wish everyone would to that. It's a nice way to have a mini-conversation!

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye,

I think a lot of ppl just get such a long blog roll it is not possible to reply more than once... Oh well- it's my way so I'll keep doing it! :)

Good you made $$$ with your sales....but it seems it's always the way of things...if you make extra $$$ there's always some unexpected thing happens to take it! :)

Hope your cat is getting better anyway!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home