Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: Buddy Lee Doll

Monday, January 22, 2007

Buddy Lee Doll




This is Buddy Lee!

We bought him on one of our two trips to California (visiting our kids)
in 1986!
We found him at this huge Flea Market in some town north of Salinas! (the name escapes me, but Charles will know!...lol- I leave it up to him to keep track of such things!)
Update: Charles says the town was Prunedale, at the Big Red Barn Antiques!

Anyway- back to Buddy Lee.

This little boy doll was made by the Lee manufacturing company from 1920-1962.
The first ones were composition, made up to 1949- and in hard plastic from 1949-1962.

Buddy Lee dolls are 13 inches tall, with the body and head molded together - but with arms that move. The faces are painted with closed, smiling mouth and painted eyes, turned to the side!

My Buddy Lee is dressed in the Lee overalls and matching cap which has the original labels.

At the time I bought him he had to be around 40 years old! That means he must now be almost 60 years old!! Yikes! That's OLD!
( no way can I be exact on his age- but that has to be close, according to the info I just looked up about these dolls!)

He's a cutie! He has faded some in the past 20 years...and the composition of his face has chipped a little. :(
( but we all fade and chip with age, ehh? )
I have never been one to hide my treasures away. I like them out so I can enjoy them!

~~~~

The little friend he's with in some of these pics is a little Cupie I have had even longer than I have had Buddy Lee. She's old too- at least as old as Buddy Lee...probably older!

They seem to go well together so they stand side by side in their doll case!


Enjoy!

JUNIE


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home