Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: Here's Johnny!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Here's Johnny!





As I mentioned before-the$ value of a doll does not determine whether or not it will be one that appeals to me to the extent that it becomes a keeper! This is the case with Johnny.

This little boy doll goes back a long way in my kids lives. We bought him at a second hand place when my first daughter was just a baby and my little boy was just 3 years old! I liked him because he was the size of a baby. He could sit up and my babies were very taken with him. I named him Johnny!

Johnny is over 2 ft tall , made of hard, molded plastic. The head is of a softer material and he has open and close eyes- molded hair. I find no names or markings of any kind on the doll, so I have no idea of the company who made it) I always dressed him in some of my babies clothes! He's dressed, still, in clothes that were my first grandson's.

My babies and then my grandbabies, all played with Johnny when they were little! I have pics of all of them with this doll! ( Just happened to come across the one's of Zach- who is my 3rd. grandchild)
SO...as I said before... a doll doesn't have to be valuable to mean a lot to me! This one, I will always cherish.

Johnny has been with us for 44 years!

Photos:
My grandson Zach at about 6 months - with our doll, Johnny!

Junie (The kid)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home