Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: More Santas from my collection !

Saturday, November 18, 2006

More Santas from my collection !







From my earliest childhood I had a fascination with SANTA CLAUS!

In fact- never wanted to give up the idea of SANTA...
some might say I never did! ;)

A few years ago I decided to start making some Santas of my own. I did a LOT- in Papier Mache-Gourds and Cypress Knees!
I went on to create a lot of different things; mostly Christmas items!

I want to share some more of them here!
(I have posted some already)

I hope some of you will enjoy seeing them! :)

~~~

Along with the craft santas etc. I have made, I also have a bunch that I have bought over the years! I will identify all as I go along!


***The little santa at the bottom is one of my all original Papier Mache Santa CandyCane Holder! He stands about 8 inches tall and the bag he is holding open is just the right size to hold CandyCanes!

***Next up is a group of 3 Papier Mache and 2 Cypress Knee santas. The motorcycle guy is one I couldn't resist buying for my husband! :)

*** Top photo is 3 Christmas trees, made of strips of newspaper applied to a cone; painted and decorated.


Enjoy!


Junie

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

Very nice. I see you're a kindred spirit - a crafter. You've inspired me to think about returning to my hobby.

My medium is mostly tole painted wood pieces. Cypress knees, if they can be found at all in New England, are quite expensive. I have to settle for driftwood.

My wife loves Old-World Santas, and I have made many of them over the years.

Unfortunately, my eyes aren't as good any more. I specialized in fine detail (watch faces, for example) painting. Now I have to work on large pieces. I just cannot work with magnifying glasses.

Good luck on your future projects. You are very talented.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, my goodness!

Another crafter-and of SANTAS! My favorite! :)
I'm thrilled with this news, Mike! I would love to see some of your santas and other things! Can you post some? Please!!!

I am missing my crafting! As you might expect, the computer and blogging have all but ended my crafting!

I need to get back to it!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home