Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: Resurrected Gourd Project!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Resurrected Gourd Project!





Resurrected Gourd Project!

This is a gourd project that I let defeat me some while back; some years back, if truth be told! It was a quite fragile, thin shelled, gourd and while beginning work on it, it cracked! I liked the shape of it so wanted to try but it just became too much of a hassle to work with! (Perhaps I was just fed up with gourds at that time!!) :)

I had already put a lot of work into it- even so far as patching it up with some sort of plaster!

Today, after finding this again, I decided to make this my new beginning!
I worked in finishing up the design I had started-oh, so long ago!
I think for this one I will need to paint the inside - as it will show!

This gourd is unusual and I had never found one of this type before. It’s about 11 inches round but is only about 6 inches high! It is very flat on the bottom. I had in mind making a wall pouch to put holly or other Christmas flowers in! A hanger of wire can easily be added to hang it and it should fit snug against the wall!

This close-up picture shows pretty well what this gourd is like-the shape and also the rough condition of it!

Wish me luck! I may need it!!
But, this time, I will not back down!
I refuse to be defeated by this gourd! :)

Junie (Lady of the Gourds)

4 Comments:

At 10:22 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Go, Junie, go! You can do it!! :)
It's too beautiful to go unfinished! What wonderful craftsmanship. (Is that a word?)

 
At 4:39 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June ~~ The poem is good and your craft blog also. Busy busy busy !
Thank you for your kind words and it's good to be back. Take care June, Hugs,
Merle.

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Lol- Skye,

Maybe it's "craftsladyship!!" (being silly!)

Have done some work on that troublesome gourd project today!


Junie

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy you like my poems and crafts!

Have a good weekend.

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home