Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: A couple of my favorite guys!

Monday, November 13, 2006

A couple of my favorite guys!




(Click on pics to enlarge)

These 2 guys have been around for a while now! (Since the little boys who once owned them are ages 21 and 23!)

Curious George was Dan's constant companion when he was age (approx) 3 to 5- and My Buddy was Brian's buddy during that same (approx) time frame!

Dan would make up elaborate stories, staring Curious George and some of his other toys!
(Snoopy, for one)

I always expected to have these guys join my collection - and, sure enough, they did eventually come to have a permanent place at my house!

A little funny, mystery tale goes along with Buddy.

Brian, when the time was right, told me he was ready to let Buddy come live at my house! :) I was thrilled! (Me-the DOLL lover and Grandkids lover-made it very desirable to have these 2 toys, which had belonged to my first 2 grandsons!)

Ok- Brian was maybe age 7-8 and Dan age 9-10 when I finally got Buddy added to my dolls!

Buddy had that little Dutch boy haircut ...you know -sort of like the early John Denver look! He had the bangs and straight hair-all around his head. With that hair and the Blue eyes he resembled Brian...in fact that is the reason his mom had got Brian the doll when he was just a toddler!

Later in the day -that very day- I noticed someone had given Buddy a haircut! The bangs had been cut- very short in the front! :) When asked, neither boy would own up to having done the deed! To this day they both say they 'don't remember!' ;)

I might would have thought I could have been mistaken...except I found a hunk of Buddy's hair in the trashcan!! ;)
Buddy's Haircut:


;) Doesn’t matter- I treasure these two guys...and the two little guys who once played with them!

Buddy sits in my bedroom on a fancy chair (bad haircut and all) and Curious sits in my husband's den!

~~~Some of my favorite things!~~~

Junie

(Ginga)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home