Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: ...and more...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

...and more...







I got these 3 girls from the same elderly lady over 20 years ago in Miami.

Again- I have more information of them somewhere but -here- I will just list what I see on each doll.
~~~
~ For me-collecting has always been just about fun so my record keeping is not the greatest! ~
~~~

Anyway-my history with these three dolls is this:

They were bought from a lady we knew in our neighborhood in Cutler Ridge. (South Dade Co. Miami) They had belonged to her and a cousin when they were young girls. She was in her late 70s at the time I got the dolls in about 1986. At the time, they were in pretty rough shape; needing new wigs and a good cleaning-new dresses etc! One 's eyes had to be reset! There was also a box of original clothes for them. The doll with the white dress and matching jacket is in an original outfit that was in the box. The other two outfits and hats were made from vintage materials.

We found a doll restorer in Pensacola, Fl and made a trip there and left my dolls in her 'hospital' for a few weeks!

Wow! What a thrill - the first sight of them - all new and spruced up!

What do you think?


~~~~~~

The markings on these dolls are as follows:

Blonde girl in red velvet~
Queen Louise~Germany


Girl in white with dark hair and hat~
COD and with the #6


Girl with long brown curls-in an original outfit bought with the dolls~
#1079 found at the top back of head~ and at the bottom is Germany with the #8 under that.


All of these dolls are about 18-20 inches tall and have fully jointed composition bodies. The heads are fine porcelain!

Again - I have more detailed info on these dolls , from researching them, but don't have it available at the moment!
Some of these dolls may date back earlier than I stated in my last post!

~~~I am fascinated with the beauty of these dolls - and in the way their beauty has not diminished over all the years they've been around! I'm happy to have these 5 antiques in my collection!

Junie




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home