Photobucket Crafts and Collectibles: Meet my girls! (and some boys too!!)

Friday, January 19, 2007

Meet my girls! (and some boys too!!)





I have always loved dolls!
One of my earliest memories is of a doll I LOST! (Annie Down The Well)



Annie was just a little rag doll but I remember, so well, losing her that day!




I have always had a desire to own dolls, as an adult! I suppose that event had something to do with it!


I have a few very old dolls I have collected over the years which I'd like you to meet!
I will tell you a little about them as I present them!

Hope you enjoy seeing them!

~~~~~~

Both of these dolls are from the 1930s-40s! Don't know for sure!


The girl in pink with the curly hair stands about 24 inches tall. She is marked on the back of the body-Made in Germany ...on the outer rim of a circle/with K & W in the center of the circle. On the head she is marked with the # 390 and at the bottom of the back of the head the #6


The girl with the long brown hair and brown eyes is marked on head....Halbig - K * R
(* = star)
and with #55 below that. She is about 18-20 inches tall!

Both dolls are German made with jointed composition bodies and porcelain heads.
Human hair wigs and clothes are not original!


Note:
There was a time when I knew more about my dolls - as I used to study my books on antique dolls constantly! And I have info stashed away somewhere but I don't have it handy !

Lol- it doesn't matter! Just wanted to show them!

Hope you enjoyed meeting two of my girls!


Junie




~~~~~~

3 Comments:

At 6:12 PM , Blogger Susie said...

They're beautiful Junie. I love dolls and used to collect them too. Sometime I'll show pictures of the ones I still have..
:)

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sue,

Well- I'd love to see yours so hope you will show them!

I still have some more interesting ones I plan to post and talk about here!

Junie

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

momma said...

They are truly precious possessions. Please continue to show us your collection<<<

I'm so happy you enjoyed seeing my dolls.

Well- iI showed the best first- but maybe I have a few more that folks would enjoy!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home